Every year, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia (MFA) organizes ASEM Day to celebrate the establishment of ASEM, a bridge of cooperation between countries in Asia and Europe.
In line with the agreement among ASEM Leaders at the 13th ASEM Summit in 2021 as well as Indonesia’s national priorities, Indonesia’s celebration of ASEM Day in 2022 will highlight two important issues of the Digital Economy and the role of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in accelerating the post-pandemic economic recovery. The theme of the event is “Digitalization of MSMEs: Bridging ASEM Economic Recovery During the Pandemic”.
The event will be held in an interactive talk show format featuring Ambassadors from Asia and Europe and entrepreneurs in the digital economy industry.
The event will take place online between 14:00-15:30 GMT+7 (Western Indonesian Time) and it will be conducted in English. It is open to all ASEM Embassies in Jakarta, government agencies/ministries related to ASEM, as well as academics and students in Indonesia.
For additional details, download the Terms of Reference from the Document section.
13.30 – 14.00
14.00 – 14.05
Opening by Moderator: Andini Effendi (Confirmed)
14.05 – 14.15
Keynote Speech by Ambassador Ngurah Swajaya, Director General of American and European Affairs MFA (Confirmed)
– Indonesia’s role in ASEM.
14.15 – 15.15
Interactive Talk Show (led by the Moderator)
Ambassador Morikawa Toru, ASEF Executive Director (Confirmed)
– How ASEF can help strengthen ASEM’s connectivity and economic cooperation as well as how ASEM could forge stronger partnerships through areas such as the digital economy and MSMEs.
Ambassador Lilla Karsay, Ambassador of Hungary to Indonesia (Confirmed)
– The best practices and challenges of the advancing the digital economy and MSMEs in Hungary.
Speaker 3 Entrepreneur 1 (Digital Marketplace)
Andreas Ardian Pramaditya, Vice President of Galeri Indonesia, Blibli.com (Confirmed)
– Sharing the challenges and success story in developing their digital marketplace as well as the importance of the digital economy and MSMEs toward the economic recovery after the pandemic.
Speaker 4, Entrepreneur 2 (Digital Entrepreneur)
Dimas Harry Priawan, CEO and Co-Founder of
– Sharing the challenges and success story in developing their business as well as the importance of the digital economy and MSMEs toward the economic recovery after the pandemic.
15.15 – 15.25
Discussion / Q&A Session
15.25 – 15.30
Closing by Moderator