Ensure equality and reduce gender gaps in political, economic, corporate and public life
The 1st ASEM Conference on Women's Economic Empowerment: Creating Equal Opportunities in the World of Work was hold on 25-26 May 2017 at the Mykolas Romeris University in Vilnius, Lithuania.
The conference focused on:
- successful policies and legal provisions that ASEM Partner countries may wish to share with others;
- institutional mechanisms, including national, regional and local level that ensure equality and reduce gender gaps in political, economic, corporate and public life;
- women leaders and achievers who empower other women work/life reconciliation policies and initiatives;
new technologies enabling gender equality;
- sharing of unpaid work at home;
- ways to address occupational segregation, advance education for women, including financial literacy and incentives to choose “non-traditional” spheres such as IT for women and nursing, care and teaching for men
It was co-organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania, Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour, and the Mykolas Romeris University.